Undergraduate Academic Affairs provides academic support, programs, and courses designed to enhance the undergraduate experience and to increase intellectual engagement between undergraduates and faculty at Rutgers - New Brunswick.
Undergraduate Academic Affairs, formally the Office of Undergraduate Education," was created during a comprehensive effort to "transform undergraduate education" in New Brunswick/Piscataway. In that transformation—which began in 2004 and was completed in 2007—the programs, services, and courses featured on this website were brought under one umbrella in order to enhance the educational experiences of all students on our campus. The office has since changed its name to Undergraduate Academic Affairs. To learn more about the transformation of undergraduate education at Rutgers, click here.
The goals of the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs are to:
- Provide leadership for university-wide programs and initiatives to support undergraduate teaching and learning at Rutgers
- Work closely with faculty and academic units to coordinate academic and co-curricular programming to enhance undergraduate education
- Engage our students in the intellectual work of a public research university
- Foster a greater connection between the faculty and undergraduate students
- Ensure ready access to learning communities of students with similar interests
- Recruit and retain an excellent and diverse student body